Department SpecialistApply Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Department Specialists are critical to the success of store sales and operations. While managing a specific department in the store, they are constantly learning merchandising, problem solving, time management, and presentation skills. Their experience selling throughout the store leads to in-depth product knowledge and excellent customer service skills. By working with both internal and external customers, the Department Specialists expertise and communication skills are called upon and refined daily. The experience as a Department Specialist is the foundation on which many other positions within the store are built. A true love for customer service and passion for our products leads to success in this position.
- Communicate regularly with the applicable Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader to review business results, share observations and provide feedback.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service through modeling behaviors.
- Teach, coach and train associates on customer service, selling skills, product knowledge, processes and best practices through demonstrations, discussions, and resources.
- Master resources provided to strengthen product knowledge and encourage omni-channel selling.
- Focus on promoting brand awareness as they pertain to, or are driven by, position.
- Analyze results into actionable behaviors and goals in order to improve customer satisfaction.
- Communicate regularly with the applicable functional Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader to review business results, share observations and provide feedback.
- Drive sales in the department and its categories through product and process expertise and customer and team engagement.
What you'll bring:
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- 1+ years customer service or retail experience
- 6+ months customer service or retail leadership experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)