Customer Service AssociateApply Location: Boston, Massachusetts
As a Customer Service Associate, your patience, good listening skills, attention to detail and overall positive presence are at the core of your character—and the foundation for providing an outstanding customer experience. You’re our number one ambassador. With an undivided focus on the customer, you offer support every step of the way, from being a helpful voice on the phone to taking orders and helping to resolve customer service issues with ease. Armed with a deep knowledge of current merchandise and promotions, you are confident in answering any question that may arise. Behind the scenes, you demonstrate your knack for organization and efficiency, managing office activities and procedures under the direction and mentorship of the Team Leader, Customer Service.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by assisting the Team Leader, Customer Service with all office activities and procedures in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, and teamwork.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and the status of merchandise.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources, including customer service standards and guidelines, as well as additional furniture resources, as applicable.
- Complete and process phone sales orders and book all deliveries, both local and long distance.
- Coordinate with Distribution Centers and vendors regarding return and repair authorization and chargebacks.
- Process all customer correspondence and returns and credits, including UPS returns and breakage cards.
- Answer all telephone calls immediately and courteously.
- Perform all follow up communication with the customer, and respond to customers within the time frame promised.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Assistant Store Manager, Sales or Team Leader, Customer Service concerning all aspects of customer service issues.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates in both written and verbal form.
- Actively participate in weekly customer service meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Support the sales team by assisting on the sales floor as directed by the Assistant Store Manager, Sales.
- Support sales team by assisting with all aspects of the sales process, including booking/rebooking deliveries, following up on estimated time of arrival (ETAs), backorders, transfers and all customer service issues.
- Identify and coach sales associates on appropriate internal and receipt notes, sales skills and recovery options.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of email, internet browsers, and Google platform
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills ( English)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Telephone presence and interpersonal skills
- Data entry and basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Experience in a call center environment analyzing and solving escalated and intricate situations preferred
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)