Leadership OpportunitiesApply Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Crate and Barrel takes great pride in searching out exceptional individuals with unique qualities and skills to fill the roles within our company. We invite you to submit your application for early review in anticipation of future opportunities on our team. Each of our Boston Area Metro stores (Chestnut Hill, Burlington, Boylston St., and Hingham) is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to join us.
We know the more time we have to get to know each other the better chance for a great match on both sides. Since we have more time to learn about you and your specific skills, we can be in a position to move quickly when the right opportunity is available. And you will also have the chance to get to know us better!
What does a leader at Crate and Barrel look like?
Your strategic thinking, passion for retail and home design, and your ability to connect with people will help you to excel in a leadership role at Crate and Barrel. As a leader in our stores, you inspire and empower associates to achieve their personal and professional goals. You also create an environment where associates want to provide an exceptional store experience for all of our customers. You coach and mentor associates to develop their talents, think big, and strive toward career advancement opportunities. Your commitment to high achievement and driving results is contagious to others and motivates them to do the same.
What you’ll bring:
- Retail experience with a strong passion for leading teams.
- Proven success in developing skills and future leaders.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- A commitment to driving and achieving results in a fast-paced environment.
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings.
What you’ll do:
- Directly or indirectly lead teams of associates at a variety of levels, depending on position, in setting and maintaining sales, customer service and/or visual merchandising goals and standards for all associates.
- Encourage and foster collaboration, cooperation, and co-ownership across all business channels.
- Building a high energy culture of fun and engagement focused on service and results.
- Ensure the execution and standards of the store vision and mission.
- Establish priorities and set direction for associates in conjunction with other store leaders.
- Ensure full understanding and awareness of all store communications including product information, current advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives.
- Achieve established goals, identify and analyze problems, and offer solutions that produce positive results.
- Help to manage controllable costs, profit and loss, and maintain fiscal responsibility for the store.
- Communicate with associates and other leaders on a regular basis.
- Provide associate and customer feedback to associates and other store leaders.
Leadership Positions in Our Stores:
- Our first level leader in the store, as a Department Specialist your knowledge and expertise on a variety of products in the store inspires customers to buy. Your demonstrations of products “wows” customers and you will work closely with other leaders to provide customers with a great experience in your area.
Team Leader, Sales
- As aTeam Leader, Sales primarily responsible for driving sales results by yourself and through others, you will oversee sales staff and be responsible for developing great sales talent. A member of our Manager on Duty program, your presence on the sales floor will help to provide a great experience for the customer.
Team Leader, Merchandising
- Your passion for merchandising and driving visual standards will allow our great merchandising associates to perform at a high level as a Team Leader, Merchandising. Another member of the Manager on Duty program, you will use your expertise to keep our store looking great for our customers.
Assistant Store Manager, Sales
- As Assistant Store Manager, Sales, your passion for sales expertise and leadership over customer service will help the store to reach its highest potential. You will lead the entire sales staff to provide training for sales skills and excellent experiences for all of our customers.
Assistant Store Manager, Visual
- Being an Assistant Store Manager, Visual will bring you to the forefront of executing on Crate’s high visual standards. As the leader of maintaining the store’s beauty and welcoming presence for customers, your passion for design and merchandising will serve you well.
Assistant Store Manager, Operations
- Keeping the stockroom of our stores neat, organized, and helpful to our associates is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Store Manager, Operations. As a leader of providing our customers with the right products at the right time, you will help to drive productivity and efficiency in our stores.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)