Art Director, VideoLocation: Chicago, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Art Director, Video.
The Art Director, Video will be responsible for video concepts and art direction that is aligned to Crate and Barrel’s Brand Positioning. They will partner with internal teams to deliver compelling, brand elevated statements through videography and creative merchandising.
This is a hybrid position based out of our Photo Studio in Chicago, Illinois
A day in the life as an Art Director, Video…
- Deepen customer engagement and conversion by continuously driving the creation of innovative and engaging cinematic experiences
- Responsible for storyboarding from concept development to production
- Collaborate with Videography team and internal partners to develop, produce, and edit video assets for multiple mediums including digital, video, social, etc
- Ability in translating Creative Pitchback visuals into engaging video solutions that enhance and elevate the brand
- Collaborate with the Content team to ensure our seasonal messaging needs are met
- Provide on-set video art direction on shoot angles, styling, composition, lighting, etc
- Collaborate with photo art directors, videographers, and stylists to ensure business and creative goals of each shoot are met while maintaining exceptional brand and video standards
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Knowledge and experience in Video Art Direction, in photo studios and on locations
- Demonstrated ability in understanding set design and visual composition, ie. scale and proportion to create a well-designed and balanced room
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive landscape as well as latest industry trends and technologies, digital platforms, media, techniques, etc
- Demonstrated ability to successfully guide and move forward multiple projects at one time
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 5 years of relevant Video Art Direction experience; Photo Art Direction is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Film/Video, Communication, Advertising, or related field
- Proven experience in Video Production, including Filming, Editing, and Storyboard development
- Extensive knowledge of relevant software including Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign)
- Sketching skills and proficiency in Apple Pencil and iPad Sketchbook
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.