Digital DesignerApply Location: Chicago, Illinois
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. Some of our customers want to buy products they’ve never had the chance to experience in person – and that’s where our Contact Center comes in. Being a part of the contact center at any level means you are passionate about the customer and are innovative in the process. You will be an ambassador of service and become a product expert, you’ll help some of our 1.6 million customers connect with the perfect item for their home. As part of the team here, you will be committed to making the ordinary extraordinary for our customers.
- Assist customers through live chat, when needed, for example, identifying when a live chat customer should be introduced into the Design Studio experience, help chat customers with product pairing questions, etc.
- Work with store design experts on customer projects, designs and our design studio library.
- Support store design experts and digital interior designers on design tasks, such as transforming 2D floor plans to 3D renderings, design revisions based on customer feedback.
- Coach store teams on 3D visualization SOP.
- Provide design feedback to design experts in relation to product pairings, layout, scale, traffic pattern, aesthetic, and function
- Communicate with customers via telephone, email, live chat.
- Assist in identifying customers design needs.
- Maintain Design Studio material library.
- Maintain knowledge of all product information, new product launches (Crate, CB2 and Crate Kids), brand direction and current marketing initiatives.
- Manage design and process flow for all store 3D design projects from start to finish.
- Meet service level KPIs such as response time for revisions.
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with peers and other company personnel.
- Ability to be self-sufficient, manage time in a collaborative work environment, supporting the team and the customer when they need us.
- Partners with leadership to onboard and knowledge share when orienting new design service associates, be leveraged as a subject matter expert.
- Adhere to all Customer Service Center Guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support overflow for online customer design needs/projects.
- Project management
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently, self directed learner
- Strong communication skills; proficient in English
- Strong affinity for technology and proficient in floor planning software (CAD, Sketchup, Revit, 3D max)
- Entry level understanding of design foundations (Color theory, architectural elements, spatial planning and function)
- Creative thinker, efficient problem solver and ability to accept constructive feedback
- Collaborative team player with exhibited ability to operate in a highly fluid environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Interior Design related degree and/or professional portfolio a plus
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- 1 Year previous Interior Design and/or store visuals experience
- 1 Year retail/customer service experience
- Proficiency with Mac computers and Microsoft Office Suite
Work At Home Qualifications
- A secure home office or space dedicated to work, free from background noise or other distractions
- Home residence within a 90 minute commute from the HUB Photo Studio (Chicago, IL)
- Able to work within the CDST Full-time hours requirements
- Able to perform with minimal daily supervision, a high level of independence/autonomy
- Excellent computer navigation skills (multiple windows and programs)
- Ability to troubleshoot home internet
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)