Fulfillment AssociateApply Location: Chicago, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Stock Associate.
Stock Associates are the backbone of the store. They serve both internal and external customers. Keeping the stockroom organized and customer-friendly are critical components to our success. If you have strong organizational skills and are seeking an environment where teamwork and service are core values, we encourage you to explore this role which is so important to the success of each store.
What you'll do:
- Maintain all areas of the store under the direction of Stockroom Manager and the rest of the store management team.
- Assist the designer/visual merchant to support seasonal floor changes, as needed.
- Operate and maintain all stockroom equipment and tools and keep equipment in good working order.
- Support the sales staff as needed or as directed by the Stockroom Manager or Store Manager.
- Execute all activities associated with merchandise shipments.
- Perform store maintenance.
- Process all incoming and outgoing packages in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing the stockroom for inventory and perform assigned inventory duties.
- Organize store supplies, being aware of inventory levels.
- Process transfers on a timely basis.
- Process and assist with customer pick-up orders.
- Inform the Stockroom Manager, Department Manager, inventory control and designer of the receipt of any new items and any major overages or shortages of merchandise.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all Crate and Barrel associates.
What you'll bring:
- Stock, Distribution Center, or retail experienced preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Basic math and interpersonal skills
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.