Manager, PhotographyLocation: Chicago, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as Manager, Photography.
The Manager, Photography is responsible for leading Crate and Barrel Holding's in-house omni-channel photography teams to produce industry leading, creatively brilliant assets that inspire our customers and strengthen brand experience. This role will provide inspiring creative leadership and innovative technical guidance and is responsible for driving the creation of distinct image assets for Crate, Crate and Kids and CB2 brands.
This is an onsite position based out of our Photo Studio in Chicago, Illinois.
A day in the life as a Manager, Photography...
- Lead the photography teams in the creation of compelling imagery/footage that is unique to each brand
- Deepen customer engagement and conversion by continuously driving the creation of innovative and engaging photo experiences
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation with teams, ensuring team is positioned to serve the evolving needs of our brands and customers
- Partner with the Manager, Styling as well as Studio Producers to develop photo shoot approach that meets budget, scheduling and creative requirements
- Ensure a rich talent roster, providing oversight on the planning and assigning of talent for each shoot
- Actively manage Photographer talent to quality and efficiency expectations
- Foster a culture that promotes innovation and celebrates success and embraces failure
- Provide authoritative leadership and value-added ideas to partners and leadership/executive team members
- Drive ongoing process improvements and organizational efficiency
- Develop/maintain strong partnerships with teams to strengthen and align work while fostering a collaborative and productive work environment
- Remain current on new technologies, approaches, techniques, trends and influences that are important to our brand, our work and customer
- Manage inventory, repair, and purchasing for photography equipment
What you'll bring to the table...
- Extensive knowledge of photography fundamentals: lighting, composition, etc.,
- Video/motion content knowledge is a plus
Highly skilled creative talent with an amazing eye
- Ability and willingness to develop new skills and services through visionary thinking, training and providing learning opportunities
- Ability to create compelling creative work that successfully delivers against a given strategy/objective
- Able to effectively lead and manage a high volume workload/multiple projects
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to appropriately adjust communication (verbal and written) and presentation style and content to the audience
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of relevant experience
- 3 years leading a photography/creative team
- Understanding of relevant software including InDesign and Capture One
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.