Photo Studio Merchandise LeadApply Location: Chicago, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Photo Studio Merchandise Lead.
As a Merchandise Lead, you will lead all projects requiring the merchandise management and logistics support for Crate and Barrel Holdings (CBH) Brands for our Marketing, Ecommerce, and B2B for US and international locations. You will also manage established processes and creatively adjusts plans as needed to ensure all cross functional partners are meeting deadlines for all merchandise and/or deliveries.
What you'll do...
- Plan merchandise and logistics needs for CBH product photography, marketing photo shoots, advertising, video, celebrity partnerships, Social Media, Gift Registry, Public Relations, marketing events, trade shows, and B2B projects and sales.
- Partner with merchandising teams to ensure product availability and appropriate usage.
- Manages several overlapping projects at a time, including product and shipping budgets, and uses creative problem solving in a fast paced environment.
- Primary decision maker to execute product and logistics processes between cross functional partners as well as internal and external customers.
- Utilizes support from internal resources and third party vendors for the flawless execution of projects for both customers and for CBH.
- Establish realistic deadlines and assesses potential costs and risk for each project, and confirm product availability.
- Own the execution of all product and logistical deliverables including planning, communication and managing stakeholder contributions, from confirming scheduling is achievable, merchandise is available and accurate, and ensuring ability to deliver based on timeline and logistical challenges.
- Manage product and shipping budgets for projects, and ensures all expenses are allocated to the correct business expense account.
- Manage shifting schedules of multiple teams and negotiates adjustments to deadlines to fulfill the stakeholder’s and/or cross functional partner’s needs.
- Establishe appropriate process needed to accommodate creative and operational objectives for each unique project.
- Develop strong knowledge base of product through all brands to allow for creative suggestions as well as best shipping practices.
- Ensure all inventory is allocated to each project well in advance and support all communications surrounding these projects.
- Understanding CBH internal systems, processes, and procedures for all warehouses/cross-docks, including Transportation, Home Delivery, Merchandising and Retail requirements.
- Own product knowledge, especially new season styles for photography recommendations, product availability, and how it’s packaged for logistics estimates.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years experience leading projects to completion; leading teams preferred
- 3+ years relevant experience working in fast paced studio, retail back of house environment
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively tailor communication to a diverse audience
- Work with a sense of urgency and ability to shift and prioritize work to meet key deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, handle multiple projects, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple high priority projects, in varying location settings and time zones
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and priorities of the organization
- Experienced with Google Suites (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experienced with Excel spreadsheet Formulas, Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc..
- Experienced with stockroom equipment and tools such as SKU and tagger guns, small hand tools, ladders, step stools, hand truck, dolly, baler and pallet jack
- Able to lift up to 65Lbs
- Must be able to travel (domestic and international) 30% the year
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.