Sales AssociateLocation: Chicago, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Sales Associate.
Crate and Barrel Sales Associates are at the heart of our customers' experience. Genuinely warm and naturally driven, you're a fan of everything we sell. That enthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our stores that makes shopping fun and keeps customers coming back. Under the direction and mentorship of the Assistant Store Manager, Sales and Team Leader, Sales your day is dedicated to meeting daily sales goals, becoming an expert on our products, answering customers' questions and keeping the sales floor neat and welcoming.
What you'll do:
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork and customer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Ensure full understanding of all products and have a continued awareness of the most current information available.
- Develop, share and apply product expertise.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, and current advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain sales floor coverage and follow posted schedules with regard to area assignments.
- Maintain the store counters and assist with store maintenance as directed by the management team.
- Maintain all store displays and uprights/shelves in between customer interactions.
- Actively engage customers and remain attentive to customer needs.
- Assist customers with product selections and process all customer orders or returns.
- Update notes on customer sales to keep sales associates informed, as needed.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate customer feedback to store management team concerning policies and/or product requests, problems and suggestions.
- Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Support and maintain store sales and service goals and standards as communicated by the Assistant Store Manager, Sales.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources for training and development.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales growth and profitability.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems
What you'll bring:
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
For all FT and PT roles: Availability to work days, evenings and weekends, including Saturday and Sunday in some weeks
For PT roles: Availability to be scheduled 12+ hours per week (16+ is preferred), with a minimum of 8 hours and two shifts on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills