Furniture Sales AssociateApply Job ID FSA0915-755 Date posted 12/27/2016
Furniture Sales Associates have the opportunity to build meaningful and long-term relationships with Crate and Barrel customers. With their comprehensive knowledge on everything from furniture construction to textile choices, our Furniture Sales Associates guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. If you enjoy home interiors and the opportunity to work individually with customers in a supportive team environment, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork and customer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Listen to customers carefully, and demonstrate selling skills to appropriately match the customer’s needs, ensuring their decisions build long-lasting relationships.
- Develop, share and apply product expertise by staying informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, and current advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain sales floor coverage and follow posted schedules with regard to area assignments.
- Assist the sales manager with ensuring furniture product and displays are maintained per the sales floor maintenance guidelines.
- Motivate self to stay accountable to individual sales and service goals, as determined by the general manager.
- Support and actively utilize customer acquisition methods available to the store.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers, as well as prospect for new customers.
- Actively engage customers and remain attentive to customer needs.
- Keep customer well informed about orders and any status changes; update notes on customer sales to keep sales associates informed, as needed.
- Communicate company loyalty services, when applicable.
- Actively communicate with associates as needed, to maintain a positive camaraderie.
- Maintain flexibility with schedule to meet the needs of the team and overall business.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate customer feedback to store management team concerning policies and/or product requests, problems and suggestions.
- Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Support and maintain store sales and service goals and standards as communicated by the sales manager.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources for training and development, and actively participate in self development and growth through company resources.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales growth and profitability.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- Previous commissioned sales experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading and written language skills ( English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build a client base
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Crate and Barrel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates