1st Shift Equipment OperatorApply Location: Cranbury, New Jersey
Job Description: The Distribution Center Forklift Operator is responsible for transferring goods and materials from incoming and outbound shipments via a power industrial equipment (forklifts, reach trucks, stock pickers, etc).
- Uses materials handling equipment to stock, retrieve, lift, carry, move, and position merchandise or materials stored on various levels throughout the warehouse/crossdock
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment to ensure no damage to merchandise, equipment, or facilities
- Performs safety checks on lifts, reporting any damage prior to start and end of shift
- Maintains accurate inventory and reports any discrepancies
- Performs all routine equipment servicing including, but not limited to attaching a battery charger, replenishing fuel, and checking for safety of operations
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas
- Rotates through different departments, as necessary, to meet the demands of the business
- Participates in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Performs all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic English Language proficiency
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position
- Maintains an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- 1+ year of operating power industrial equipment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ year vocational training or Associate's degree preferred
Physical and Visual Activities**
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, operate computers/POS/office equipment, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently handle paperwork and/or remain stationary. May occasionally lift, carry, reach, kneel, crawl, push/pull, climb, balance, bend, crouch, twist or have foot controls for operating equipment.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the store and stockroom. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet; heavier product with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.