Facilities CustodianLocation: Cranbury, New Jersey
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers' homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection. The Facilities Custodian position is responsible for housekeeping duties for the Distribution/Crossdock operations and office areas.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the Distribution/Crossdock operations areas are maintained to company cleanliness standards with minimal supervision
- Use Power equipment which consists of walk-behind scrubbers, power scrubber/polisher, Wet/Dry vacuum cleaners, portable as well as a stationary power pressure washer
- Perform outside maintenance, including grounds work, as needed
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and stored properly following use
- Notify appropriate personnel concerning the need for major repairs to building operating systems or equipment
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Empty wastebaskets and trash/recycling bins in the kitchen and office areas and transports waste to the disposal area
- Replenish bathroom supplies such as; paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, hand sanitizer, air freshener, etc.
- Maintain the cleanliness of common areas including the kitchen and breakroom areas by cleaning, wiping, or polishing the following areas and others as needed: refrigerators, microwaves, toaster ovens, glass windows, cabinets, countertops, glass windows, doors, mirrors, displays, and hanging pictures
- Rotate through different departments, as necessary, to meet the demands of the business
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Perform all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals
What you'll bring:
- 1+ year of related housekeeping / janitorial experience preferred
- Ability to use Power equipment such as walk-behind scrubbers, power scrubber/polisher, Wet/Dry vacuum cleaners, portable as well as stationary power pressure washer
- Work is physically demanding requiring concentration, visual and auditory acuity, muscle coordination, attention to detail, and constant awareness of work surrounding, walking, standing, climbing stairs
- Ability to perform multiple tasks that require repetitive motion
- Remains knowledgeable of janitorial supplies and chemicals, including hazardous materials
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position
- Maintains an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals
- Basic English Language proficiency preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.