Facilities Maintenance SupervisorApply Location: Cranbury, New Jersey
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
Facility Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for all aspects of facility maintenance including maintenance of physical building, building security, repair, communication with corporate facilities team and outside vendors. This role is also responsible for performance management and development of their direct reports.
- Supervise, assign, monitor and/or perform all maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure the health and safety of the facility remains uninterrupted for business operations at a high level of customer service.
- Oversee all communications regarding equipment, maintenance or operational issues to the management team on a daily basis.
- Partner with the leadership team to manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Coordinate and monitor maintenance equipment training and maintenance for the campus in order to ensure consistency and excellence of training and adherence to OSHA standards.
- Monitor productivity and participate in reporting to ensure efficiency in the department.
- Establish and maintain productive and professional relationships with vendors and contractors to ensure prompt, thorough and reliable and fiscally responsible service.
- Oversee the timely implementation of preventative maintenance procedures to maintain efficiency and safety of operations.
- Oversee and implement company and OSHA guidelines and programs to contribute to a safe working environment for all associates.
- Excellent reading, oral and written language skills (English)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent mentoring skills
- Ability to delegate work
- Ability to operate hand tools, powered industrial trucks and other powered equipment necessary for facility maintenance
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and sustain results
- Team-player with exhibited ability to work independently and collaboratively with flexibility to move between projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements
- Knowledge of general maintenance procedures and requirements (e.g. documentation, reporting, state and federal regulations, etc)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Associate’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years related facilities maintenance experience
- At least one year of previous supervisory experience
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)