Floor SupervisorLocation: Cranbury, New Jersey
Maximize company sales growth and profitability by coordinating activities of associates in distribution processes and supporting all initiatives, policies, and procedures to ensure a positive, supportive and productive work environment.
- Direct associates in execution of daily/weekly tasks to satisfy internal and external customer service expectations. • Ensure productivity standards are met by training, coaching and holding associates accountable to key performance indicators.
- Identify critical distribution issues and address them with the leadership team.
- Direct associates on the proper use of Distribution Center equipment and troubleshoot problems, as necessary. • Recommend and implement ideas in an effort to improve distribution operations
- Drive and support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company. • Drive and support the company’s mission and goals, including applicable key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Possess complete knowledge of, and ensure associates are held accountable to, all Distribution Center policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of, and ensure associates adhere to, all Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) procedures and guidelines to maximize FTZ compliance and benefits and minimize U.S. Customs penalties and fines, as applicable.
- Ensure associates understand and adhere to all Crate and Barrel policies, guidelines, standard operating procedures and processes.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures. • Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety by following and holding associates accountable to the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
- Drive and motivate team to deliver operational excellence.
- Understand business needs and manage team to accomplish daily goals.
- Collaborate with leadership team to create and communicate clear team deliverables.
- Focus on promoting sales as they pertain to, or are driven by your position.
Associate Management and Development
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth. • Manage all aspects of associate performance.
- Create and implement learning plans for new and/or cross-training associates
- Conduct observations and provide feedback through coaching and on the job training.
- Provide feedback/documentation regarding associate performance for appropriate evaluation and action plan. • Write and conduct performance reviews for assigned associates.
- Responsible for making decisions in the hiring and termination process for Distribution Center associates. • Appropriately address human resources issues, and identify behaviors and performance that require corrective action.
Floor Supervisor, rev.01/16/2016 Page 1 of 3
- Communicate with other supervisors and managers to ensure a consistent team environment is maintained. • Listen actively and effectively.
- Engage associates to solicit feedback and ideas.
- Ask for and give clear and constructive feedback in both written and verbal form.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts.
- Represent the department on all related projects.
- Identify and sponsor cross-functional projects.
- Foster an environment of inclusion to motivate the team to achieve common goals.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Perform safety observations in conjunction with job observations to coach and hold associates accountable for following proper safety procedures.
- Initiate and conduct accident investigations as required and perform root cause analysis.
- Prepare hazard action forms for all incidents and injuries.
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions, processes and behaviors in all areas of the Distribution Center.• Play an active role in the participation of all safety programs to act as a role model for all associates. • Oversee and implement company and OSHA guidelines and programs to contribute to a safe working environment for all associates.
Customer Service (Internal and External)
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service.
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position. • Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
The specific key responsibilities for this position are detailed in the Functional Checklist, which will be presented and discussed during orientation.Required Skills
Strong knowledge of Warehouse Manager System; skilled in managing and leading a team; ability to resolve problems and answer associate questions; strong time management, organizational, planning and self motivation skills; ability to multi task, prioritize, and meet deadlines; good reading and written language skills (English), basic arithmetic; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment; must have excellent attendance to develop a stable work environment; detail-oriented; ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
Minimum 3-5 years previous Distribution Center experience, including 1 year supervisory experience
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software
General office equipment, including computer and printer, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AS400 system, company email system, JDA warehousing software, telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, scanning equipment, headphones, powered industrial equipment, cubiscan, hand tools, power hand tools, walkie-talkie, tape measure, scale, pallet jack, hand truck/dolly, ladder, stepstool, electrical adapter, baler
Certifications and/or Degrees
High school diploma/GED or equivalent; Associate’s degree a plus. Equipment Certification, as needed.
Physical and Visual Activities**
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently operate computers/POS/office equipment, lift, carry, remain stationary, reach, handle, push/pull or have foot controls for operating equipment. May occasionally kneel, crawl, climb, balance, bend, crouch or twist.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the facility. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier product with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.