Merchandise Handler Equipment OperatorLocation: Cranbury, New Jersey
Executes all activities associated with the distribution of merchandise; receiving, putting away, picking, loading and shipping.
- Verifies merchandise being received or shipped against manifest
- Tallies shipments, records overages, shortages and damages
- Confirms product with RF scanners
- Communicates any problems with merchandise being put away, picked or being delivered
- Reads computer generated tickets, manual move tickets and computer reports for proper movement of merchandise
- Interfaces with the shipping / receiving office on inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Assists in generating putaway / picking / shipping labels
- Removes merchandising packaging and makes sure all products being received and shipped are inspected for quality
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas
- Rotates through different departments, as necessary, to meet the demands of the business
- Participates in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Performs all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position
- Maintains an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Basic English Language proficiency
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.