Regional Industrial EngineerApply Location: Cranbury, New Jersey
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
The Regional Industrial Engineer supports the Distribution Center and Cross Docks in process improvement and reengineering using creative problem solving techniques to find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in warehouse or production environments. They design efficient systems that integrate associates, labor management, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services. They support operations in managing processes including manpower calculations, quality control, inventory control, material flow, cost analysis, labor budgets and safety.
- Support the execution of labor management in collaboration and support of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and process development.
- Create and monitor reports for the distribution network, including understanding and educating the productivity reporting process within each building.
- Support Industrial Engineer team with data requests and analysis.
- Initiate continuous improvement/lean concept, identify gaps for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate and drive maximum efficiency.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine associate functions and responsibilities.
- Evaluate and participate in the development and implementation of new software/systems and new operational functions in each warehouse, including providing assistance in testing and evaluating various options.
- Build and maintain accurate labor standards by role/task. Test the standards by executing the workload to ensure they are reasonable and fair.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Define and document complex business requirements and processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Application of statistical methods and performing mathematical calculations to determine staff requirements and production standards preferred
- Excellent reading and writing language skills (English)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities of the organization, while managing multiple projects
- Advanced knowledge and experience with labor planning, budgeting, productivity and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven working knowledge of various warehouse management systems (JDA/Blue Yonder, Six Rivers, AS400 etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google platform programs
- Excellent business, financial acumen, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of time study, ergonomics and engineering software to drive results
- Ability to travel, as needed
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in Engineering field
- Background in Lean and 6Sigma methodologies; Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Process Engineering preferred
- Experience with compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data preferred
- Experience maximizing product reliability and minimizing cost preferred
- Possess complete understanding of operational efficiencies through engineering standards
- Experience with statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product
- Experience managing and developing teams to perform with a high sense of urgency and ability to shift and prioritize work to meet key deadlines
- Able to manage different data resources within multiple systems to drive operational results.
Physical and Visual Activities**
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, operate computers/POS/office equipment, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently handle paperwork and/or remain stationary. May occasionally lift, carry, reach, kneel, crawl, push/pull, climb, balance, bend, crouch, twist or have foot controls for operating equipment.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the store and stockroom. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet; heavier product with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible
**In accordance with applicable law, associates will be provided with reasonable accommodations as necessary and appropriate to perform the position’s requirements.
NOTE: The KRAs and other aspects of the job listed on this job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)