Store Leadership Internship ProgramApply Location: Dallas, Texas
We have everything we need to become the most talked about store in the country. Except You. Crate and Barrel is an industry-leading home furnishings specialty retailer, known for its exclusive designs, excellent value and superb customer service. We are known as a place where the atmosphere is casual and where people feel comfortable. A place with thoughtful merchandise that enriches our everyday. A place where our associates help people love how they live in the moments that matter. This is your opportunity to launch your leadership career in a retail store. If you are going into or finishing your senior year of college/university and seeking real-world leadership experience the Crate and Barrel Store Leadership Internship program is an excellent way to begin your career in retail. During your internship, you will be immersed in the hands-on basics of sales, gain teamwork experience in customer service, visual merchandising, and operations, but most importantly, you will develop your leadership skills and competencies. Your paid internship will be more than a great opportunity and a fabulous discount. We like to promote from within, which means interns get a jump on their Crate and Barrel career. The program is a paid, full-time opportunity which runs for 10 weeks.
WHAT YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL LOOK LIKE:
- You'll gain real-world, hands-on experience as a Crate and Barrel associate and leader - the majority of your time will be where the magic happens - on the sales floor.
- You'll get to know the basics of how Crate and Barrel lives up to its reputation as a leader in customer service, visual execution, and excellence in sales. You will rotate in various areas of the store and will have opportunities to influence all sides of the business!
- You'll learn how to be an effective Manager on Duty (MoD) from experienced store leaders - you'll bring a positive energy to every shift that will inspire the team to drive sales and deliver a great customer experience.
- You'll become a member of the Store Leadership Team, and you'll have a seat at the table with experienced leaders. You'll bring your knowledge and insights about how we can be a better, more productive, and more effective team to the table. Your ideas will be critical.
- You'll be assigned a mentor who will work alongside you in developing your expertise and leadership skills.
- You'll be assigned a project and will have the opportunity to propose a solution to make your store (and all of our stores) a better place for our associates to work and our customers to buy.
- You will jump-start your career in a leadership role at a Crate and Barrel store - the possibilities are endless!
- Must be entering Senior year of College or University
- Desire to pursue a career in retail leadership
- Customer service or retail experience desired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and financial analysis skills
- Excellent reading, verbal and written language skills (English)
- Team-oriented thinking and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to move/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Enthusiasm for leadership and desire to grow
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)