Team Leader, MerchandisingApply Location: Deer Park, Illinois
You're a visual person, and a master of organization and efficiency. As Team Leader, you play a key role in creating our striking merchandise design. Positive, creative and enthusiastic, you think quickly on your feet and adapt easily to change. Supporting the Assistant Store Manager, Visual, you help to plan, perform and supervise the work of the merchandising team, shifting your focus as needed - and shifting scheduling - to put visual plans into action. You ensure product on the sales floor is well-stocked and always ready for customers to shop. You are both a mentor and a leader to Merchandising Associates. You communicate the overall design vision, answer questions, provide productive feedback and lead by example in performing high-level assignments. Your excellent communication skills also cross channels to the sales team to ensure visual merchandising is supporting their efforts.
- Lead designated functional team and manage associate workload as determined in partnership with the Assistant Store Manager.
- Coach Department Specialists and associates on exceptional performance and maintain a strong visible presence in the department/work area.
- Partner with the Assistant Store Manager to train and develop associates on product knowledge, selling, customer service, operations, visual, policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Maintain an understanding of new store initiatives and communicate changes to the Department Specialists and associates, ensuring adoption throughout the store, into steady state.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales, maintaining an awareness of current product in store and not in store.
- Review KPI results, working with Assistant Store Managers to identify opportunities and corrective actions.
- Communicate regularly with the applicable functional Assistant Store Manager to review business results, execution of plans/strategies, customer feedback and associate performance.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service through setting expectations and modeling behaviors.
What you'll bring:
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- 1+ years customer service or retail experience, 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)