Seasonal CashierLocation: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Seasonal Cashier
Our Sales Associates are the heart of our customers’ experience. Genuinely warm and naturally driven, they are enthusiastic brand ambassadors who tend to love our amazing associate discount! A fan of all things home, their enthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our stores that makes shopping fun, engaging and keeps customers coming back. With leadership and mentoring support from Assistant Store Managers and Team Leaders to keep spirits high and the fun flowing, the day of a Seasonal Cashier is dedicated to quickly, efficiently and accurately processing customers orders, answering customers' questions, and keeping the cashwrap neat and welcoming. Whether you’re helping customers dream up a holiday gift basket or determine which coffee maker will produce the perfect blend, our Seasonal Cashiers bring the in-store experience to life, delivering a customer experience that’s unmatched through our diverse and innovative team. Sound like you? We should meet! We’d love to talk to you about how a seasonal position with Crate and Barrel could be a fun and flexible holiday opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Drive sales through quickly, efficiently and accurately processing customers orders through the POS (point of sale) system
- Greet and communicate with multiple customers, respond to customer questions, process payments, and involve higher-level management as appropriate in a calm, professional manner
- Communicate and have awareness of applicable promotions, offers, loyalty programs, and other initiatives to customers.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service
- Wrap and/or bag customers orders with care
- Lead by example and support store management in holding self and others accountable for store profitability and operational excellence.
- Assist with ensuring products and displays on the sales floor are stocked appropriately and available for customers to purchase.
- Engage in, maintain and support store safety standards and training.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Associate Policy Guide.
- Execute and maintain the visual merchandising standards of the sales floor to engage customers and associates with the product, as needed.
What you'll bring:
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be able to work the weekend after Thanksgiving AND the days surrounding Christmas
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.