IT Support TechnicianApply Location: Lincolnton, North Carolina
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as an IT Technician, located in our Lincolnton, North Carolina warehouse (moving to Newton, NC in Oct-Dec of 2021).
The IT Technician provides all levels of support for key technologies for the Distribution Center including: all desktops and laptops, hand held devices, and printers. The Support Technician is the single point of contact that provides hands-on floor support for all technology.
- Provide all levels of support for hardware and software at their location:
- Complete and close incidents and work orders in a timely manner
- Update incidents and service requests within agreed response times
- Keep coworkers informed of the status of their tickets
- Ensure follow-up is performed
- Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department
- Establish, develop, and maintain key business relationships at assigned location(s). Drive resolution of systemic issues related to all facets of technology including: hardware, software, network, telephony, application, etc.
- Ensure that all phases of technology support including installations, upgrades, hardware, software, peripherals, etc. are
properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved for corresponding location.
- Engage third party support as needed and escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Lead on site and remote technology projects.
- Upgrade 45 PC’s to Windows10
- Prep the 871 Cross Dock for closure and consolidation ( move routers, switches, AP's computers, printers, and scanners to 991.
- Prep for new Newton, NC Distribution Center ( Aug - Oct 2021)
- Move current Distribution Center from Lincolnton to Newton (Oct - Dec 2021)
- Support all RF devices and printers.
- Learn JDA and AS/400 to support Crate Windows PC's and laptops, etc,
- Cross-train on Store Support environment to support new store openings.
What You'll Bring:
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Current DC location is Lincolnton, NC. This position will be permanently located in Newton, NC as of Oct - Dec of 2021
- 3 - 5 years experience providing remote and in-person desktop/walk-up support in an enterprise or retail environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable work experience
- Experience providing support in a distribution center or warehouse environment is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of end-user technology including: hardware, software, Windows, Apple, and mobile devices
- Lift up to 50 lbs, with or without assistance, on occasion and up to 20 lbs, unassisted on a regular basis.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision as the single point of contact onsite
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business units including executive leadership
- Minimal travel
- Good written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.Required Skills
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)