Wave Associate, 2nd ShiftApply Location: Lincolnton, North Carolina
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by assisting in the monitoring and controlling of workflow of orders to the Distribution Center associates.
- Allocate work to ensure continued business operations in the Distribution Center.
- Assist the wave planner in monitoring and controlling the workflow by releasing orders from the warehouse management system to the Distribution Center associates.
- Engage management and operational leadership to assist in maintaining service levels, quality expectations and productivity.
- Issue radio frequency devices and partner with the IT Department to ensure equipment is properly maintained and in good working condition.
- Perform cycle counts as necessary, to maintain accuracy of inventory.
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures.
- Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain business productivity.Contribute to a safe working environment for all associates.
- Adhere to company and OSHA safety guidelines to prevent personal injury and product and facility damage.
- Adhere to all Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) procedures and guidelines to maximize FTZ compliance and benefits and minimize U.S. Customs penalties and fines.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- At least 1 year of previous inventory control experience; previous warehouse management systems (Red Prairie) experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Proven proficiency in English language skills (reading, written and verbal)
- Microsoft Office Suite, AS400 system, Gmail, JDA warehousing software
- Must have good interpersonal skill, be able to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines
- Basic math
- Requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs; heavier product with team assist
- Must be able to a varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)