Director, Customer Service Contact CenterApply Location: Naperville, Illinois
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. Some of our customers want to buy products they’ve never had the chance to experience in person – and that’s where our Contact Center comes in. Being a part of the contact center at any level means you are passionate about the customer and are innovative in the process. You will be an ambassador of service and become a product expert, you’ll help some of our 1.6 million customers connect with the perfect item for their home. As part of the team here, you will be committed to making the ordinary extraordinary for our customers.
- Define customer service, productivity, quality, and overall department definitions aligned with department and company sales and service goals.
- Hold leadership team accountable through proactive coaching and monitoring in order to achieve company sales goals and customer service performance metrics.
- Provide associates with guidance, work strategies and tools throughout their development that allow them to ensure a level of exceptional customer service.
- Support all business channels including but not limited to phones, email, and chat by possessing a complete understanding of all systems, processes, business services and product.
- Lead and manage business process improvements through awareness of competitor services and new market systems/ services and bring best-in-class thinking to the department.
- Support all company initiatives and projects communicating expectations and impact on sales and customer service.
- Manage budget and staffing to ensure that customer quality and service goals are met; support forecasting to proactively support hiring plans based on expected volume.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of all Contact Center associates to encourage professional growth including support and development for the At Home Agents program, full-time, part-time, and temporary associates.
- Provide all relevant business communication effectively and efficiently to all company associates and business contacts to support business change and initiatives.
- Promote a team environment through active listening and by providing a safe environment for the open exchange of ideas and opinions for a positive working culture.
- Lead and train the team to consistently provide a positive customer experience by modeling and setting the standards for gracious, quick and efficient service.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in customer service or call center environment (direct to consumer or eCommerce organization preferred)
- A minimum of 7 years experience in Contact Center leadership, or equivalent with roles of increasing responsibility
- Experienced with department branding of a mid to large size customer service group
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)