Furniture Stock AssociateApply Location: Naperville, Illinois
Furniture Stock Associates are the rare breed of highly organized and efficient individuals. Maintaining an organized furniture stockroom and keeping the flow of furniture pieces is key to this position. You're also incredibly accurate and meticulous. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you work as part of a very talented team of associates whose main goal is to maintain an efficient stockroom to ensure excellent customer service. A positive attitude, sense of enthusiasm and ability to multitask are musts for every day. Direct customer interaction is constant and excellent customer service is required.
What you'll do:
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by maintaining the stockroom and sales floor and facilitate the flow of product in order to provide an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- Support an engaged customer experience by maintaining an organized and efficient stockroom in addition to executing seamless customer pick ups.
- Replenishing furniture along with other houseware goods on the sales floor in a timely manner throughout the day.
- Responsible for unloading furniture from pallets and maintaining all incoming and outgoing packages (UPS, FEDEX, Same Day Courier) in alignment with company standards.
- Perform duties associated with receiving and processing trucks, such as, scanning, unwrapping, assembling, pricing incoming furniture.
- Process customer furniture pick up orders by wrapping and loading them in customer/delivery vehicles.
- Safely operate and maintain all stockroom equipment and tools and keep equipment in good working order.
- Follow all company safety standards and protocols to ensure a safe and injury free work environment.
- Assist the Assistant Managers to complete essential inventory control functions in an effort to support financial and inventory accuracy.
- Perform general maintenance of the store.
- Maintain a fundamental knowledge of shipping/receiving systems, processing and procedures relevant to the position.
- Ensure full understanding of all products and have a continued awareness of the most current information available.
- Actively participate in weekly merchandising meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding the sales floor and customer service responsibilities.
What you'll bring:
- Stock, Distribution Center, or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 80 pounds: heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)