Local Route DriverApply Location: Naperville, Illinois
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers’ homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection. The Local Route Driver is responsible for over the road transportation of goods as assigned in accordance with business needs to support Distribution Center goals.
What you'll do:
- Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain a fluid trailer pool
- Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) over the road as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment
- Operate CMVs on non-public roads or in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, trailer designations, violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods, etc.)
- Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow hostler and delivery schedules, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to yard safety policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions
- Move pallets, wrap skids and unload and load trailers as needed
- Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment
- Clean up and dispose of boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas
What you'll bring:
- Candidate must hold a valid state-appropriate driver's license, be able to obtain their Commercial Driver's License (CDL), and be eligible to drive in accordance with DOT requirements
- At least 2 years experience driving tractor trailers
- CDL License (Class A)
- Must pass the DOT physical
- Forklift experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic English Language proficiency
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.