Mailroom AssociateApply Location: Naperville, Illinois
We at Crate and Barrel care a lot about helping our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. Being a part of our Customer Contact Center means you are passionate about delivering excellent service with every interaction, and excited to learn and share expertise about our wide range of products with customers who haven’t had the chance to experience them in person. You’ll help some of our 1.6 million customers connect with the perfect item for their home. As part of the team here, you will be committed to making the ordinary extraordinary for our customers.
- Maintain the mailroom, under the direction of the direct marketing financial manager.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company.
- Support the company’s vision and goals, including applicable key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Process and coordinate all interoffice envelopes and mail and transport throughout Naperville campus, including all items in appropriate bag or other carrying device for inter-office service.
- Store and restock supplies on corresponding labeled shelves.
- Operate and maintain all mailroom supplies, equipment and tools.
- Process and distribute all inter-office, outgoing mail and all express letters for the Naperville campus, including the Distribution Center, Contact Center and store.
- Maintain all mailroom equipment to ensure good working order.
- Receive, identify, separate, and meter all outgoing mail for Naperville campus.
- Utilize the most efficient and cost effective method within confines of requests made by sender.
- Ensure proper labeling, packaging and appearance for daily pick-ups.
- Fulfill gift and shop cards for Crate and Barrel and CB2, including printing pickers, preparing cards for shipment via United States Postal Service (USPS) or expedited carrier, and replenish supplies needed, as necessary.
- Fulfill registry shower cards, completion certificates and other reference materials by utilizing postage machine equipment.
- Fulfill swatch requests for shipping.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the
- Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide.
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with peers and other company personnel.
- Partner with leadership to onboard, facilitate training, knowledge share, be leveraged as a subject matter expert.
- Leads others to be self-sufficient, provides regular coaching to team on time management skills.
- Adhere to all Customer Service Center Guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Focus on promoting sales as they pertain to, or are driven by your position
- Communicate feedback to management team concerning policies and/or requests, problems and suggestions
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Good reading and written language skills (English), basic arithmetic, interpersonal skills, telephone presence, data entry skills
- General office equipment, including computer and printer, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), company email system, Contact Center Sales (CCS) system, telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator
- Certifications and/or Degrees
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)