CRATE & BARREL
Furniture Sales Associate
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
- Full-time + Part-time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associate?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Good Listener 10
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Visual Thinker 8
- Strong Sense of Style 7
- Technologically Savvy 6
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
My favorite thing about my job is that I get to work with product I believe in. When I started this job I was super scared to see if I could be successful. I was very happy to get realistic expectations about what to expect as well as a good amount of training time with knowledgeable associates. The thing that ended up putting my mind at ease about the job in sales was that I truly enjoyed and wanted the product I was selling for myself.Jovita, Furniture Sales Associate
Crate and Barrel, Store Opportunities & You
We have everything we need to become the most talked about store in the country. Except You. Come be a part of a fun, energetic, fast paced environment.
Design it (so they love it)
As a Design Expert in the CrateDesignStudio, you’ll take our customer’s inspirations and show them how our furniture, fabrics and décor can bring them to life. Whether you’re helping to build a digital Mood Board in the store or creating a custom floorplan during an In-Home Consultation, your amazing vision for design will transform our customers’ homes.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
The Picture of Health
From medical to dental to vision, we’ve got you covered.
We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs.
Balancing Work and Life
You’ll enjoy paid vacations and holidays, flexible schedules and more.
Planning Your Future
From 401K with company match, to life insurance, we are always looking out for your future.
We provide extensive education and development programs through one on one coaching, classroom style training and online tools to make sure you reach your true potential.
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Furniture Sales Associate.
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. In addition, Furniture Sales Associates utilize digital tools and technology during in-store and in-home consultations to show our customers how our furniture, fabrics and decor can bring their vision to life. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
What you'll do:
- Support and maintain store sales (including furniture and housewares products) and service goals as communicated by Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service.
- Promote design services to our customers in order to elevate their shopping experience and distinguish Crate and Barrel from competitors. This may include In-Store Design consultations, In-Home Design consultations, and virtual design consultations.
- Support eCommerce through design chat, CSC training, and Centralized Design services as needed
- Maintain awareness of all systems, products and resources while selling throughout the entire store; supporting Crate and Barrel as an evolving omni-channel business.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Build rapport with customers by demonstrating product knowledge and the use of strong interpersonal skills
- Develop new and lasting relationships with customers through prospecting and clienteling
- Provide feedback, share observations, assessments and ongoing solutions with the Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader.
- Focus on promoting sales by maintaining a strong, visible and positive presence on the sales floor.
- Develop, share and apply furniture product expertise by staying informed of the marketplace and industry trends.
- Communicate regularly, effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts.
- Support teamwork by assisting in training and development of associates
- Possess a complete understanding and awareness of applicable company policies and procedures including loss prevention, security and safety guidelines as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide.
- Other duties as assigned, including non-selling work, as required
What you'll bring:
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to build/maintain a client base and provide creative furnishing solutions for customers' needs
- 6+ months competitive sales or interior design service experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Back to Job Navigation (Responsibilities)
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
We See You Here.
At the core of loving your job is feeling like you belong. We believe that diverse perspectives make life beautiful and as a modern workplace, our different thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds enrich our culture and make us stronger as a team. Together, we stand accountable for cultivating a diverse team that reflects our customer focus and is welcoming and inviting to all.