Area ManagerApply Location: New York, New York
Motivating, confident, and determined, Area Managers lead and empower store management to achieve sales goals and own their business. Area Managers shape retail business strategies for 7+ stores with a multi-million dollar annual sales while interpreting corporate vision and dispersing messaging throughout the field. You coach and mentor store leaders to develop their teams and strategize to think big and strive toward advancement. An excellent communicator, you steer the company vision and inspire Store Managers to ensure the customer is the priority, uphold brand standards, and provide a fun and engaging shopping experience for the customer . You lead and hold stores accountable for respectful and empowered best-in class customer service.
What you'll do:
- Inspire teams to increase sales year over year by ensuring a selling culture, leading and executing a selling focused organization and sales performance incentives.
- Driving consistent operations throughout area.
- Proactively assess the store leadership team, and guide the store manager to develop all associates.
- Lead all performance management standards in area stores.
- Maintain awareness and strong understanding of the associate talent and expertise in the area in order to leverage skills, training, and mentorship across stores, and recruiting efforts.
- Establish and manage recruiting strategies in order to build a talent pipeline.
- Maintain an understanding of competitors across geographic area and provide feedback on sales, service, product presentation, and marketing.
- Provide stakeholder and/or subject matter expertise to projects within the store organization, as well as input on store-relevant projects across the company.
- Focus on continuous learning and adaptability.
- Ability to assess the situation and form a strategic plan.
- Identifying opportunities and solving complex problems on your own.
- Manage changes in the area, shifting quickly as business evolves.
- View the business with big picture thinking and local action, demonstrating initiative and courage.
- Problem solve and build solution-based action plans, including agile responses.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify what is working and what is not, how associates are performing and feeling, and how to redirect efforts and focus as appropriate.
- Execute leadership decisions, supporting all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company.
- Develop relationships with business partners throughout the organization.
- Partner with the regional director and store managers on strategic decision-making and ongoing feedback for continuous improvement.
- Solicit feedback from various business channels and customers in order to deliver the best product and customer service possible.
What you'll bring:
- 3-5+ years experience in multi-unit retail management role; experience with $50 million+ volume strongly preferred
- Proven success in developing skills and future leaders within complex business operations
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Track record of driving business results and achieving goals
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- Passion to be the best
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)