Furniture Repair TechnicianApply Location: Newton, North Carolina
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers' homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
What you’ll do:
- Maximize the company growth and profitability by performing the highest level of wood, finish, frame and/or expert upholstery repairs.
- Determine damage and defects versus inherent characteristics of furniture to identify a course of action for the merchandise.
- Correct the defects and perform the highest level of wood repairs, refinishing, spraying and/or upholstery to meet quality standards for customer merchandise.
- Complete all paperwork in order to charge back vendors for repairs to offset the cost of labor.
- Move open furniture, merchandise, supplies, and/or boxes repetitively.
- Follow the loss prevention and security guidelines to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
- Promote a culture of respect and an atmosphere of teamwork in order to foster a positive working environment.
- Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain business productivity.
- Listen actively and effectively.
- Clearly communicate in both verbal and written form.
- Establish open and two-way conversations with all associates.
- Maintain and enhance the self-esteem of others.
- Ask for and give clear and constructive feedback.
- Adhere to company safety guidelines to prevent personal injury and product and facility damage.
- Refurbish product from 2nd quality back to 1st quality.
- Provide support locally for major repairs in our final staging process prior to load-out.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years or more experience in furniture repair including upholstery/leather repairs (Hand sewing - Leather/Upholstery repairs including scuffs, holes, and tears) and wood repair (Burn ins and wood graining - Color match and blending - Wood/metal frame repair)
- Customer Service skills
- Computer knowledge, G-Suite is a plus
- Apprenticeship with a wood and/or upholstery craftsmen required
- Complete understanding of furniture construction and assembly required Knowledge of hand tools and finishing techniques required
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Proficiency in English language skills (reading, written and verbal)
- Basic math skills required
- Must work effectively as a team member
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.