Accounts Payable Associate
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Finance department as an Accounts Payable Associate, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for processing domestic merchandise inventory and supplies inventory related purchases. Supplies invoices include packaging, store, office, design/display and warehouse purchases.
- Critically review all invoices submitted for payment and ensure invoices have been approved by an appropriate individual if required.
- Accurately enter vendor/invoice information, ensure payment terms are appropriate to maintain data integrity and ensure timely payments.
- Resolve 3-way match invoice discrepancies with associates/vendors and follow-up on unpaid invoices.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve billing problems, follow up on unpaid invoices and to respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment dates.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Work effectively and efficiently with all other Crate and Barrel associates focusing on teamwork.
- Assist with other projects within Accounts Payable and the entire Financial Department as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel Associates Guide.
- A minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable experience with emphasis in processing inventory/supplies data using a 3 way match system
- Experience resolving invoice discrepancies in a 3 way match system
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented, demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)