With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our eCommerce department as an Administrative Assistant, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Administrative Assistant Provides administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling requests for information, receiving visitors, preparing travel schedules, arranging calls and scheduling meetings.
- Structure and organize the activities and workload of the department head to facilitate the efficient operation of the department.
- Serve as first point of contact for department: manage email correspondence, screen telephone calls, and handle requests for information and prioritize all requests.
- Manage and maintain effective office procedures and efficient work flow.
- Refer complex and/or urgent correspondence to the department head and gather any additional information needed to respond.
- Prioritize schedules, maintain the calendar and develop a system of follow-up for projects, meetings and issues.
- Arrange and coordinate details for meetings, conferences and special events.
- Arrange and coordinate logistics of complex domestic and international travel plans, and prepare detailed itineraries to assure accuracy.
- Handle a wide range of confidential information requiring a dedicated level of privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines and fax machines.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items.
- A minimum of two years previous administrative experience
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail; Demonstrated ability to work within and handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate and partner with a broad range of personalities and roles
- International experience a plus
- Experience with Concur a plus
- Service-oriented and customer-focused (internal and external)
- Ability to maintain confidences and keen respect for privacy and sensitivity
- Proven ability to handle fast-paced work environment
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Excellent reading and written skills (English)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and phone presence
- Thorough working knowledge of email, internet browsers, and Google platform
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)