Assistant Designer, Concept and TrendApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising department as a Assistant Designer, Concept and Trend located in our Northbrook, Illinois corporate office.
The Assistant Designer is an important support role within the brand’s Product Design and Development department that will help build the future vision of Crate and Barrel through innovative product design.
NOTE: Must provide Portfolio link or PDF sample
- Support the Designer or Associate Designer with the creation of a specific product category.
- Assist design leaders in the creation of design.
- Assist in coordinating an efficient and seamless design process.
- Help manage product design information throughout design cycles.
- Support daily functions of the design area including the ownership of technical development briefs and sample development management.
- Manage sample tracking and assist with daily communication to vendors and cross functional partners.
- Assist in the creation of technical product design specifications via CAD and hand rendering.
- Assist in translating business and design objectives into successful product.
- Identify and support opportunities for improvement in business management and process design.
- Build effective relationships with internal partners in Design, Merchandising, Materials and Sourcing to help execute cross functional synergy and collaboration.
- Interact and collaborate with senior associates and major vendors with experience on product development.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Support and model excellent service to internal and external customers in all forms of action and communication.
- 1+ years of Retail experience preferred
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design, Industrial or Furniture Design
- Strong knowledge of design and art history
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with drafting, 3D modeling and digital or hand rendering essential (AutoCAD, Rhino and Keyshot)
- Knowledge and passion for design and Art History
- Experience with technical design and design brief creation
- Effective communication skills
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Good reading, written and verbal skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)