Assistant Designer, Textiles
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merch Product Design Development department as an Assistant Designer, Textiles located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Assistant Designer, Textiles is an important support role within the brand’s Product Design and Development department that helps build the future vision of Crate and Barrel through innovative product design. This position will support the Designer, Decorative Textiles and support the creation of a specific product category, and help manage the daily functions of the design area including the ownership of technical development briefs, and sample development management.
- Assist the Designer throughout the product design process.
- Manage sample tracking and assist with daily communication with vendors and cross functional partners.
- Assist in coordinating an efficient and seamless design process.Help manage product design information throughout design cycles.
- Assist in the creation of technical product design specifications via CAD and hand rendering.
- Assist Design Leaders in the creation of design.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with Sr. members of the team and major vendors with experience on product development.
- Build effective relationships with internal partners in Design, Merchandising, Materials and Sourcing to help execute cross functional synergy and collaboration.
- Ability to make decisions on operational matters that impact the effectiveness of their work.
- Passion for design, style and decorating and knowledge of design and art history.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Ability to translate business and design objectives into successful product.
- BFA or MA in Industrial Design, Furniture Design or any design related field
- Strong knowledge of design and art history
- A minimum of one year of previous retail experience preferred
- Strong Technical knowledge and experience with drafting, 3D modeling, and digital or hand rendering essential (AutoCAD, Rhino and Keyshot)
- Strong Technical knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Strong Hand sketching and Idea Generation
- Experience with technical design and design brief creation to learn, team oriented, communicative, organized, reliable, autonomous
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)