Assistant Marketing Manager, KidsApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Crate Kids department as an Assistant Marketing Manager, Kids located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Responsible for assisting the execution of marketing strategies, with focus on partnerships and PR.
- Act as a steward of the Crate and Kids brand.
- Articulate and support Crate and Kids vision to achieve overall business goals and help maintain consistency across several communication channels.
- Contribute to the health and growth of the Kids community, including planning, tracking and optimizing our influencer and community initiatives in tandem with the social and PR team.
- Understand customer needs and trends for Kids segment in order to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Coordinate event programs and partnerships from day-to-day planning, budget and execution.
- Collaborate on development of seasonal content calendar; including but not limited to partnerships and PR activations.
- Work with all cross-functional partners and channel owners (media community, creative agency, PR, social media, event, ecommerce, email, direct mail, stores) to ensure consistent messaging and execution across channels.
- Assist in managing day-to-day creative development of marketing materials.
- Support media outreach campaigns, partnerships and product integrations.
- Assist in developing creative briefs for internal creative team and outside agency projects.
- Effectively gather varying feedback and inputs and develop appropriate action plans to address requirements.
- Analyze data,both internal and external, to determine areas of improvement in order to grow market share.
- Utilize competitive, category, consumer, shopper, and retailer insights to further validate and optimize concepts that will drive growth volume and meet objectives.
- Review customer data and provide initial hindsight results, as well as gather input from customer insights, on an ongoing basis to develop actionable insights for future program growth.
- Track budgets and day-to-day invoicing.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required
- 2+ years Marketing/PR experience; agency experience is desirable, retail experience is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google platform
- Experience executing events of all sizes and scale
- Experience in analyzing data
- Experience in a broad base of marketing vehicles such as email, direct mail, media, PR, online, and events
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple partners
- Strong problem solving skills, detail oriented, organizational and analytical skills, and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Innovate new methods to attract customers to the brand including emerging technology, non-traditional media strategies, and new techniques
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)