Associate CopywriterApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Marketing department as an Associate Copywriter located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Responsible for developing compelling and inspiring content for the email channel in order to drive engagement and conversion.
- Write and format storytelling and product copy for email campaigns that supports the brand marketing and business strategies for the email channel.
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with the Email design and Brand marketing teams to support email initiatives.
- Ability to adjust content/story according to channel, customer segment or contextual environment.
- Develop targeted content for the various customer segments.
- Develop copy with an eye for detail and consistency, including fact-checking information and getting approvals from stakeholders.
- Proofreads, reviews, and edits materials for accurate use of grammar and brand voice.
- Remain current and informed on best practices and latest trends in email and other digital platforms.
- Ability to collaborate with partners or work independently to develop content and concepts.
- NOTE: Position allows hotel workspace at our Chicago office.
- 3+ years professional creative writing experience in advertising, retail, or any digital/social media or channel
- Bachelor's degree, Journalism preferred
- Strong understanding of email and other digital platforms
- Possess an understanding of email content best practices
- Familiar with AP style guidelines
- Creative writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to develop and deliver a clear, inspiring point of view
- Understand marketing principles with demonstrated ability to deliver effective creative solutions against marketing briefs and content strategies
- Knowledge of the home competitive retail landscape
- Understand the nuances of customer segments/channel and adjust content or story to maximize relevancy and connection
- Detail oriented, with a keen eye for aesthetic quality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills - able to manage multiple projects and meet all necessary deadlines
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)