Associate Designer, EmailApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Associate Designer
The Associate Designer position will support digital marketing with a focus on digital advertising, such as: social media, email, web banners and video. They will ensure that the creative concept passed from the design team is executed across multiple digital marketing channels. They will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver complete and accurate files for development and release.
What you'll do...
- Execute creative projects for the digital channel under the direction of an Art Director or Sr Designer. This includes social media, email, and web banner creative
- Collaborate with design leads and external teams to ensure new campaigns are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company’s brand identity
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with multiple internal teams on creative initiative
- Consistently approach design projects from a user-centered perspective
- Manage projects while working within schedule requirements and quick turn-arounds
- Assist in edits and production to ensure high quality creative from the start of a project to finish
- Contribute to the development of best practices and procedures, techniques and tools to optimize efficiency
What you'll bring...
- 1+ years previous experience as a production designer or visual designer for an agency or in-house creative department
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in design preferred
- Understanding of relevant Adobe Suite software
- Portfolio of recent work including social media campaigns and other digital marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with retail industry a plus
- Experience working with 3rd parties when executing web banners (Google, Spark, etc.) a plus
- Strong visual design skills with an ability to execute under the direction of other designers.
- Detail oriented, with a keen eye for aesthetic quality and strong sense of typography.
- High proficiency using design and web technology – Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and After Effects.
- Light HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Animation/motion graphic skills a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills - able to manage multiple projects and meet all necessary deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment and partner with business stakeholders and other designers.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptiveness. Ability to problem-solve creatively.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.