Associate Director, Asset Protection and Inventory Control - Supply ChainApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Asset Protection department as an Associate Director, Asset Protection and Inventory Control - Supply Chain located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Responsible for defining and ensuring the successful functioning of asset protection controls throughout our supply chain network, with a particular focus on our distribution centers and cross-docks. The position will partner with Supply Chain and location leaders to set strategies and proactively address issues, drive policies and protocols, and implement best practices.
- Partner with Supply Chain and location leaders to strategize, align, create, and implement policies and protocols protecting Company inventory and assets that guard against shrink and fraud.
- Identify gaps and causes of discrepancies created by shrink and fraud then drive remedial actions and set strategies to prevent future issues.
- Build strong partnerships with Supply Chain and location leadership, HRBPs, and other leaders integral to the success of the Distribution Centers and Crossdocks.
- Proactively develop, analyze, and monitor reports to identify root causes and resolutions of inventory control issues, shrink, and other losses and control failures.
- Identify any location and market-specific factors affecting inventory, shrink and other losses while actively engaging leadership.
- Communicate regularly with leadership to influence plan/strategy execution, business results, performance feedback and inventory control and other shrink measures.
- Reinforce and recommend best practices for inventory control in the Supply Chain network and track into Store and other functions as appropriate.
- Conduct, manage, and serve as the point of contact for all internal/external investigations of any discrepancies (inventory, financial, etc...) and violations of applicable laws or company policies, procedures or standards.
- Create and participate in providing necessary Asset Protection and inventory control training to leadership and all associates within each Distribution Center and Crossdock.
- Partner as requested with field and corporate leadership in regards to the security of the facility applicable to Supply Chain operations.
- Travel to various distribution centers, cross-dock and other locations as necessary to build relationships, envision needs, and support implementation of best practices.
- 10+ years of experience in retail Asset Protection with multi-location and distribution center responsibilities, including significant experience with inventory control
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field, or equivalent law enforcement or military experience
- 25% Domestic and International (Canada) travel
- Wicklander/Zulawski certificate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google platforms, alarms, CCTV systems, Kronos, case management software, exception-based reporting
- Prefer experience with AS400 and JDA WMS or comparable systems
- Prefer bilingual (Spanish)
- Project management and team leadership experience a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain network systems and processes
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to execute and drive results
- Strong networking skills, internal and external
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)