Associate Director, Internal AuditLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Associate Director, Internal Audit.
In this role, you will develop, execute, and continually assess and improve a risk-based, company-wide internal audit program reflecting industry and operational best practices. This position proactively identifies areas of opportunity/focus based on company strategies, operations, regulatory environment, and annual risk assessment. The Associate Director, Internal Audit models the highest standards of ethical behavior and contributes to a strong culture of effective controls, risk awareness and management, and accountability.
What you'll do...
- Plan, oversee, and execute (or direct) all audit program activities
- Deliver annual audit plans designed to evaluate internal controls, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and identify and mitigate business risks, using an appropriate risk-based methodology
- Execute planned audits on schedule and any “spot” audits as necessary and appropriate to validate adequacy and effectiveness of financial and operational controls within CBH and provide leadership with recommendations for controls and improvements
- Synthesize and communicate audit results, deliverables, and status in clear, succinct, and easy-to-understand terms, and ensure accuracy and thoroughness of audit findings
- Consult and advice internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation of controls and business-process enhancements identified in audits
- Communicate and support a point of view to senior leaders and stakeholders for challenge and discussion, with respect to the audit plan/function and individual audits and audit findings
- Regularly report to executive leadership and to the company’s Board on internal audit program design, progress, findings and action plans
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders and with the Otto Group audit leaders/function and the company’s external financial auditors
- Benchmark audit work processes and promote continuous process improvement
- Maintain updated tracking of audit findings within electronic audit system (Audimex)
What you'll bring...
- 8+ years of relevant audit experience; in-house experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and professional certifications preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication and well-developed listening and debate skills
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to work autonomously, make sound business judgments, and produce detail-oriented financial, operational, and legal/regulatory analyses
- Demonstrated success in leading an audit program development and implementation
This is a hybrid position working approximately 2 days/week in our Northbrook, IL Headquarters Office.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills