Associate Director, TransportationApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
The Associate Director, Transportaion will Manage and lead all aspects of the North American domestic freight movement, network strategy, financials, and overall service metrics in support of the company defined guidelines.
- Be accountable for carrier performance, including setting service expectations, monitoring service and financial performance and holding carriers accountable.
- Oversee carrier agreements, including terms and rates; collaborate with Legal to ensure company is protected from financial liability and carriers have adequate insurance.
- Manage all 3rd party transportation relationships.
- Develop new ideas into formal projects, including writing business case, developing return on investment, establishing implementation strategy, and executing change and use data to make recommendations related to improving efficiency and service
- Manage Transportation team projects and workload; collaborate with associates within Transportation and cross-functionally to accomplish tasks and delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Oversee annual request for proposal (RFP) process for ocean, less than truckload, intermodal, trailer load and parcel services; interview existing and new carriers for consideration for RFP, select carriers based on service, equipment availability, safety scores, geographic needs, lane fit and expense
- Research, test and implement technology tools to improve shipping, communication, and measurement while reducing expenses with vendors, Home Delivery, Distribution Centers and carriers.
- Manage the Transportation team to ensure that all applicable reports (Claims, Transportation and Expense etc) are generated and distributed appropriately and timely.
- Analyze service and financial reporting weekly to identify trends and opportunities; communicate findings to appropriate parties and provide viable solutions to correct performance and/or service issues.
- Manage all aspects of performance, accountability and development of direct reports to maintain a high level of performance and encourage professional growth
- Lead team to adhere to all Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) procedures and guidelines to maximize compliance and benefits while minimizing U.S. Customs penalties and fines
- Lead parcel management, understand the spend and contract oversight stays in conjunction with the VP of Transportation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent reading and writing language skills (English)
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Experience managing and developing teams to perform with a high sense of urgency and ability to shift and prioritize work to meet key deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities of the organization
- Strong analytical skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Track record of building effective business and cross functional partnerships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google platform programs
- Proficiency in 3rd party web-based platforms and
- Transportation software such as Cube Route, ITMS, AS400 etc.
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Ability to effectively identify, develop, communicate and implement strategies and ideas across multiple business channels and audiences
- Excellent presentation skills
- 8 years experience in Transportation Operations
- 5 years experience of direct oversight of and responsibility for Transportation Operations and strategy
- 5 years experience managing performance and development of Transportation teams
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts
- Bachelor’s degree
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.