With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising department as an Associate Merchant, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Make recommendations to Merchant regarding product assortment, pricing and merchandising strategies reflecting goals based on trends and forecasts.
- Participate in the final decision making process by providing expert recommendations to Merchant regarding seasonal and core product mix for a given department.
- Analyze sales information in order to identify opportunities to increase sales and margins.
- Based on research and analysis, participate in recommending, setting and approving product-pricing strategies to achieve specific margin objectives and executes exit strategies as needed.
- Negotiate product costs, terms, subsidy and VIR.
- Develop and maintain vendor partnerships by providing analytical metrics to Merchant, influencing the supplier management strategy to support overall department strategy and works to improve all aspect of supplier relationship.
- Build and maintain assortment plans and SKU counts.
- Gather and synthesize information from partners to make strategic recommendations to Merchant.
- Analyze business trends and opportunities by identifying and maximizing key items via test strategies.
- Provide recommendations regarding short term buying plans and long term strategies.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and uses information to identify opportunities and challenges for in-season business and future seasons.
- Lead product sequencing, including layouts and copy edits and communication with cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years retail merchandising experience, or education equivalent or related area
- Bachelor’s degree
- Possess an understanding of merchandising plans and processes
- Strong financial acumen and experience with negotiations
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strong attention to detail
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)