Associate PlannerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising Planning department as an Associate Planner, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Associate Planner is responsible for the inventory strategy and financial forecasts for their segment of the business. The goal is to maximize company sales growth and profitability by working closely with the Divisional Planning Manager and merchandising team on designing and implementing thoughtful inventory and merchandise strategies that promote profitable sales growth and satisfy customer demand. This is a learning and development role that aligns with the Planner KRA’s and works closely with the Divisional Planning Manager to master the key planning responsibilities.
- Manage inventory strategy for product category including new product buys, reorders and markdowns.
- Develop pre-season plans in coordination with department and company targets.
- In collaboration with Buyers, forecast sales, margin and inventory at a category level based on changes in trend, strategy or business climate.
- Lead monthly business review (OTB) to determine actions that will optimize sales and gross margin.
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies.
- Work closely with Buyers to identify sales opportunities through effective strategic assortment planning.
- Drive item planning and forecasting for ordering, allocation and cross-functional need.
- Work with Buyer partner to develop promotional strategies to maximize profitability.
- Foster a collaborative work environment within the Merchandising Department focused on distinctive product and an engaged customer experience.
- Manage category planning operations, including critical deadlines, coding, hunt paths and product lead-times.
- 2+ years in merchandising, planning/allocation, buying or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong financial acumen and experience in presenting data and analysis
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)