Automation EngineerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as Automation Engineer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, recommending, deploying, configuring, and maintaining tools that assist us in managing, monitoring our IT infrastructure. In addition this position will be responsible for analyzing the environment for automation opportunities, prioritizing impact/effort, and driving these opportunities to closure.The main focus of the role will be in support of maintaining resilient network operations and providing efficient and effective end user support.
- Partner with technical administrators, application developers, leaders, and other service desk and operations personnel to analyze tooling and automation needs. Determine existing capabilities and roadmap the path forward to better meet organizational demand.
- Coordinate and execute projects associated with the installation, configuration, deployment and ongoing upkeep of management/monitoring tools and/or automation opportunities.
- Analyze and recommend replacement solutions for existing service desk software (SLA management, Service Catalogue, Self Service, Knowledge Management, Automation/Bots), ITSM solutions (Incident, change, problem, release), and IT Asset Management Software. Manage and deploy solutions in coordination with business partners. Provide ongoing upkeep and support. Drive tooling integrations and enhancement.
- Provide operational and project status reports.
- Analyze the environment to provide insight into repeatable, automatable workload and drive opportunities to closure.
- Drive the evaluation of new infrastructure monitoring, management, and automation technologies.
- Recommend optimizations to the environment which improve delivery and performance for end users and customers.
- Provide technical training to Service Desk, Operations, and relevant parties. Work to seed knowledge of automation in the organization and provide education on tooling that is available for use.
- Serve as after hour, weekend and holiday support, as necessary.
What you'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field highly preferred
- 2+ Years experience preferred on a subset of listed technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write and present information and documentation
- Ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Knowledge of management and visibility tools & technologies for on premises and cloud solutions (e.g. Whatsupgold, Nagios, Zabbix, ManageEngine, Splunk, PRTG, vRealize Operations, Solarwinds, SCOM, DataDog, NetApp, New Relic, Netreo, ThousandEyes, LogicMonitor, Snort, Cacti, SumoLogic, etc)
- Knowledge of ITSM, Service Desk, and Asset Management Solutions (e.g. SNOW, SAManage, BMC, FreshService, Jira/OpsGenie, Solarwinds, PagerDuty, Device42, etc)
- Knowledge of scripting languages and applications (e.g. perl, tcl, powershell, python, awk, etc)
- Knowledge of automation tooling (chatbots (e.g. RASA), RPA tools (UIPath/BluePrism), config management (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/SaltStack, Terraform), collaboration (e.g. Slack, Jira) ) and best practices for application
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Ability to collaborate with technical peers across a highly dispersed work environment
- Good written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)