Total Rewards, Benefits ManagerLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Total Rewards,Benefits Manager.
The Total Rewards, Benefits Manager will leads the design, administration, and governance of all U.S. and Canada Benefit programs while partnering with vendors and HR leadership to ensure optimal delivery. This position brings a balance of thought leadership, customer focus, process rigor and analytical skills.
This position is a hybrid position based out of our Headquarters located in Northbrook, Illinois
A day in the life as a Total Rewards, Benefits Manager...
- Manage the administration of U.S. and Canadian benefit and retirement programs through direct and indirect resources while ensuring compliance with applicable regulations
- Define and oversee execution of processes related to new hires, life events, retirement, employment terminations, etc
- Identify, evaluate, and manage third-party administrators, advisors and other service providers
- Provide regular feedback to vendors; collaborate with vendors to create, implement, and manage any process improvement initiatives
- Analyze expense trends and projections to identify opportunities and develop short-term and multi-year action plans
- Evaluate external and internal factors to build optimal program design and delivery
Understand plan performance and trends, and provide actionable advice and creative solutions for all benefit programs
- Lead and manage the implementation of new programs or benefit changes
- Lead collaboration with Human Resources, Legal and Corporate Communications colleagues to create and deliver compelling employee communications regarding US and Canadian benefits programs
- Partner with Payroll, Finance and HRIS colleagues to ensure compliance with internal and external audit requirements, accurate forecasting of benefit program expenses and accurate payroll deductions
- Build strong and effective relationships with critical stakeholders and peers to share information, influence change, and leverage resources to deliver results
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth
What you'll bring to the table...
- Advanced knowledge of employee benefits, wellness, leave of absence and retirement programs, policies and legislations
- Experience in partnering and negotiating with benefits brokers and vendors
- Understanding of ERISA, HIPAA, financial reporting requirements and governance practices
- Expertise in analyzing and leveraging data to recommend and develop appropriate forward-looking solutions
- Strong problem solving, change management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism to handle sensitive information
- Skilled at working successfully in dynamic, fast-paced and ambiguous environments
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- 5 years experience in employee benefits administration, design and analytics
- 1 year of leadership/management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- Experience with Federal and State regulations affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, and Section 125
- Proficient experience with Workday
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.