Business Intelligence Analyst
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Strategy & Enterprise Business Intelligence department as a Business Intelligence Analyst, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will affect business change through the creation and development of analytics and data insight capabilities. This role will work as a part of a cross-functional team, serving as the report/ dashboard developer. The BI Analyst is tasked with high complexity ad-hoc dashboard/ report development that meets/exceeds existing and emerging reporting and analytical needs This position will be primarily responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data findings for financial, operations and strategic aspects of our business.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics that provide precise view of business performance.
- Collect, aggregate and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to drive insights in business performance. Run SQL queries, provide reports or updates via visualization tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau.
- Monitor historical and real-time performances of key metrics to detect and report anomalies.
- Develop and modify reports, verify information integrity and design BI dashboards, scorecards, charts/ graphs, drill-downs, and dynamic reports to meet new information needs.
- Use data analytics to effectively deliver findings to stakeholders Create pipelines and queries in our data warehouse to analyze large sets of internal data.
- Leverage data to understand our products and processes in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and support projects to drive growth, engagement and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- Minimum 4 years of data analytics experience
- Minimum 2 years experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy
- Exceptional analytical skills and a passion for data
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning preferred
- Experience with Cloud Computing like GCP/BigQuery preferred
- Excellent statistics background and ability to explain analytical methodologies simply and thoroughly
- Strong preference for retail business experience
- Demonstrated ability identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, Tableau or Microstrategy or similar data visualization tools
- Experience with business intelligence technologies and strong understanding of database architecture
- Data warehouse development skills a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)