Copywriter, eCommerceLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Copywriter, eCommerce.
The Copywriter, eCommerce will develop copy and content for the Crate and Barrel website that drives purchase, enables high SEO rankings, and is consistent with the brand’s editorial strategy and seasonal story development. They will collaborate with eCommerce team stakeholders, designers, creative leads and marketing partners to deliver compelling creative solutions to marketing briefs, specifically for the eCommerce website.
A day in the life as a Copywriter, eCommerce…
- Write and adapt inspirational, story- and product- driven copy for all facets of the website, from the homepage and category pages to seasonal landing pages, collection pages, themes, banners and more
- Support the eCommerce Brand team on daily copy needs with a high level of responsiveness and attention to quick turnaround
- Attend daily ecommerce Brand team standup meetings and design reviews to stay informed about ongoing and upcoming projects, launches, site refreshes and their corresponding copy needs
- Read and review the Brand-facing pages of the website daily (desktop and mobile versions) to monitor for copy issues, typos, grammar/spelling, punctuation and accuracy
- Develop an understanding of and ability to write in brand voice
- Support copywriting team as needed on catalog, lookbooks, social media, etc. assignments
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Demonstrated knowledge of current SEO standards and guidelines
- Possess an understanding of home and entertaining trends
- Familiarity with home furnishings and housewares categories
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant software tools, including project management platforms
- Demonstrated content management skills
- Mastery of software applications for data entry and project tracking
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Must provide a link to portfolio demonstrating smart copywriting (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 3 years creative writing experience in Advertising, Retail, eComm, catalog, lifestyle journalism or related fields
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or Marketing/Communications
- Experience with home, fashion or lifestyle brand or publication preferred
- Fluent in AP style
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills