Designer, Brand DesignApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Graphics & Packaging department as a Designer, Brand Design located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Designer, Brand Design is accountable for building strong collaboration with Creative Team to develop concepts based on written or verbal briefs. In addition, the role creates design solutions that visually convey a particular message, idea or concept.
- Produce creative deliverables for omni-channel campaigns, catalog, digital media, packaging, store signage, promotions, advertisements and other mediums. Maintain brand authenticity throughout all creative work.
- Assists with the conceptual thinking, development and execution of creative campaigns across all mediums; has potential to lead or perform this function independently as needed.
- Contributes and participates in meetings facilitated by business area or project initiator to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project.
- Creates design solutions that visually convey a particular message, idea or concept. Ensures work is applicable in digital and print mediums.
- Delivers and presents concepts and designs.
- Prepares for and attends photo shoots, when required.
- Assists in the production of a variety of assets and has understanding of file preparation/die lines/print layouts and printing processes for print and digital applications.
- Reviews all editorial and image content, ensures proper layout and color and approves printer proofs. Attends press checks, when required.
- Assists in developing and maintaining schedules for projects.
- Researches industry trends, techniques and materials. Applies this research to design solutions.
- Applies established corporate branding specifications to ensure work meets brand guidelines.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Art and Design with an emphasis in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, or a related area
- GRAPHICS (Proficiency) 2+ years
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite
- Motion Graphics and Animation experience a plus
- Illustration and Photography skills a plus
- Love and mastery of typography required
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts
- Able to communicate complex & technical issues to Creative Team and business partners
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication. Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)