Designer, Brand DesignApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Designer, Brand Design.
The Designer, Brand Design will be accountable for building strong collaboration with the creative team to develop concepts based on written or verbal briefs as well as create design solutions that visually convey a particular message, idea or concept.
What you'll do...
- Assist with conceptual development and execution of creative campaigns across all mediums.
- Produce creative deliverables for catalog, digital media, packaging, store signage, campaigns, promotions, advertisements and other mediums.
- Create design solutions that visually convey a particular message, idea or concept and ensure work is applicable in digital and print mediums.
- Contribute and participate in creative meetings to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project.
- Maintain brand authenticity throughout all creative work.
- Deliver and present concepts and designs to the creative team.
- Assists in the production of a variety of assets and has an understanding of file preparation, die lines, print layouts and printing processes for print and digital application.
- Review all editorial and image content to ensure proper layout and color as well as approve printer proofs.
- Apply established corporate branding specifications to ensure brand guidelines are met.
- Research industry trends, techniques and materials and apply to design solutions.
- Prepare for and attend photo shoots and press checks when required.
- Assist in developing and maintaining schedules for projects.
What you'll bring...
- Must provide a portfolio link (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 2+ years of Design proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Art and Design with an emphasis in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, or a related area
- Love and mastery of typography required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience with motion graphics, animation, illustration and photography a plus
- Effective communicator and able to communicate complex and technical issues to the creative team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong sense of teamwork
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.