Designer, Surface PrintApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising department as a Designer, Surface Print located in our Northbrook, Illinois corporate office.
The Designer, Surface Print role is a key design role within the Product Design and Development department that will build the future vision of Crate and Barrel through innovative surface artwork, print and color design.
- Guide, create and execute the design development of all surface print and color designs for the Crate and Barrel brand throughout different product categories from soft to hard goods.
- Work closely with the Design Director on the design and execution of unique and innovative surface design artwork.
- Design, develop and curate artwork aligned with seasonal trends and concepts and customer/business needs.
- Manage the design development process throughout its lifecycle, under the leadership of the Design Director.
- Develop designs through hand rendering or CAD and present to internal and cross functional partners across departments.
- Develop designs to be best in class brand builders.
- Collaborate with design leaders across the organization to develop cohesive collections across categories.
- Lead the design development of product lines into well positioned price points.
- Contribute to successful business growth as a specialist for specific product categories.
- Lead and manage the design development process through its entire lifecycle (concept and ideation stages, through design sketch and sample reviews to product finalization).
- Lead the set-up of design, product and assortment review presentations for specific categories in partnership with key members across departments.
- Collaborate with lead and foster the talent of associate and assistant designers.
- Translate business and design objectives into strategic creative plans for team/function.
- Participate with other senior leaders to establish strategic creative plans and objectives.
- 5+ years experience in print design, textile or fashion
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, Textile Design, Fashion Design; Master of Arts a plus
- Excellent knowledge in Design and Art History
- Strong skills in hand painting and developing original artwork
- Strong technical knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Outlook are essential
- Strong color sense and affinity
- Strong passion for design, style and decorating
- Strong communication skills and experience in leading teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment and partner with business stakeholders and other designers
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)