Developer, IOSApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Developer, Mobile...
The iOS Developer will work with the eCommerce team to build and maintain customer-facing mobile solutions in iOS applications for internal and external customers. This position requires strong proficiency in UI development as well as close collaboration and communication with Design / UX and product management business stakeholders and API teams, working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly. This role should be very good at problem-solving, and have outstanding stakeholder management skills. switch context frequently as you will be working on multiple projects at different stages of the project lifecycle simultaneously. It is important that this position has a strong background in developing and supporting fluid, responsive, maintainable, high-quality iOS applications using native iOS frameworks.
What You'll Do...
- Design, develop, and implement solutions on iOS platform using Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Work with Brand Teams, Product teams, QA, Analytics and stakeholders to understand and communicate progress.
- Conceive and build responsive and adaptive solutions for applications.
- Work on an Agile team to estimate, develop, test, deploy, and maintain, while collaborating with team members on eCom roadmap and backlog, sprint planning, execution, review, and retrospective.
- Participate in technical design meetings with other developers and assist in code reviews and unit testing.
- Adhere to pattern-libraries, style guides, site documentation, and SDLC.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- Ability to collaborate with offshore teams.
- Optimize application speed and performance.
What You'll Bring...
- Position can be 100% remote
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on relevant mobile application software development
- At least one production app in the Apple app store
- Hands-on knowledge of native iOS frameworks (UIKit, CoreAnimation, etc), Xcode, Instruments, TestFlight, Objective-C, and Swift
- Experience submitting apps to the App Store and dealing with different versions of app
- Ability to build responsive, highly-performant, and accessibility compliant applications (ie WCAG)
- Experience with multi-targeted apps
- Great understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience with source control, BitBucket preferred
- Experience with JIRA preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Experience with consuming first and third-party APIs
- Manage and execute on multiple work streams/projects at once
- Skilled at debugging issues and solving underlying technical and infrastructural problems
- Strong communicator and effective in conveying message to business owner, product management, design, user experience, and QA
- Experience with APM like New Relic preferred
- Experience with Automated Testing tools like Endtest preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.