Developer, JDAApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Financial department as Accountant, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Perform software application programming across multiple technologies to construct software applications that perform according to business requirements and priorities for warehousing and logistics systems, both package and custom. The Software Developer will work closely with technology and business associates to create new innovative technology solutions and show a readiness to guide team members.
- Create and/or modify documentation for programs, process flow, test scripts or other software application needs, with the supervision and technical direction of the software application management team. Will work closely with product and business teams.
- Create effective, tested and documented code.
- Ability to take high-level tasks and business requirements and produce efficient outcomes.
- Conduct walkthroughs, review code, perform software applications programming, unit tests, string tests and write user documentation.
- Prepare and plan test environments, execute system tests, and assist with execution of user acceptance tests alongside team members.
- Participate in collaborative solution development meetings and software application implementations for both package solutions such as Blue Yonder (JDA) or Logistyx interfacing with legacy systems.
- Develop and execute unit tests and string tests of software application programs in collaboration with team members.
- Understand how material handling systems communicate with warehousing software to facilitate problem resolution.
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position and participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Keep current with supply chain industry trends to accelerate innovation in solutions.
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable work experience
- Minimum 3 years of software application development experience, including 1 + years developer experience
- Experience with shipping software like BlueJay, Proship or Logistyx, as well as legacy systems
- Experience with package solutions like JDA or Manhattan
- Strong communicator and effective in conveying messages to business owners
- Provide excellent customer service to users of company system software applications
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)