DevOps InternApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our IT department as a DevOps Intern located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
We are looking for talented and passionate interns who are interested in joining our DevOps team. In this role, you’ll be tasked with development of new tools or enhancing existing tools that will be used by our engineers to drive efficiencies into the operational aspects of Crate and Barrel’s eCommerce products.
The tools and processes you build cover areas such as monitoring the health of our products, automated capacity management, code deployment and environment management. We do all this by working with a sharp, supportive, and involved team who make it fun to come to work every day.
- Understand the requirements and task list for DevOps deliverables expected of you.
- Work on tasks with your supervisor and provide estimates for task completion.
- Work with developers to understand technical details of deliverables.
- Work with other members of the development team, or any other peer teams as needed.
- Bring forth issues or blockers quickly and not hesitate to ask for help.
- Monitor website performance and aid with triage as issues arise.
- Build features and services that enable Crate and Barrel development engineers to be more efficient.
- Automate operational processes related to cloud infrastructure, including capacity management of virtual servers, environment monitoring
- and management, build scripts, deployment pipelines, and automated jobs.
- Use problem solving skills to debug and improve systems by leveraging application logging and metrics.
What you’ll learn
- Acquire experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform including services such as EC2, CloudFormation, S3, and Lambda.
- Learn from highly skilled engineers supporting a high traffic B2C eCommerce platform.
- Be part of an eCommerce team supporting one of America’s best known retailing brands.
- Gain understanding of how to design for scalability and availability in distributed systems.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; Junior or Senior status highly preferred
- Strong programming fundamentals (C# preferred)
- Familiarity with PowerShell or other command language
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server a plus
- Experience with Windows as an operating environment
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)